Whether you need to store office supplies and furniture, machinery, raw materials, or stacks of paper files, a commercial storage unit is the perfect solution. However, no two storage facilities are exactly the same. To help you narrow down your options, we've compiled a helpful list of must-haves the commercial storage facility you pick should offer.
1. 24-Hour Access
Not all businesses operate during standard business hours, and if you're one of them, you should definitely seek out a storage facility that offers round-the-clock access. It's important to be able to access your commercial goods at any hour of the day. Keep an eye out for some of these accompanying options as well:
- 24-hour mobile security
- Security lighting
- Computer-controlled access
- Surveillance cameras
2. Different Access Options
Depending on what needs to be stored, you should look for a facility that can meet your wide range of needs. Two options that can make self-storage easier and offer up convenient benefits include:
- Drive-Up Access ‚Äì This option typically has outside access that may include concrete exterior walls, steel interior walls, heat detectors, suitable lighting, and a sloped threshold that keeps water out.
- Drive-Through Access ‚Äì This option is usually a covered access that allows you to load/unload without having to worry about the weather. These units are typically heated to reduce temperature fluctuations, and are an excellent option for long-term storage that's accessed regularly throughout the season.
For a closer look at these two storage unit options, take a peek at our previous post: Commercial Self-Storage in Kelowna: Drive-up or drive-through?
3. Extra Benefits
One thing that shouldn't be overlooked is a facility that offers additional complimentary services. Besides reasonable rental rates, some of the additional no-charge features should include:
- Access to a moving truck and driver
- No administration fees
- Frequent promos and deals
4. Large Item Support
If some of the items you plan on storing involve more than just muscle-strength to move, look for a facility that can accommodate this requirement. Some of the services you may require should include:
- At least one loading dock
- Forklifts and licensed operators
- Access to pallets and pallet jacks
- Packing supplies and materials
5. Document Storage Support
One storage item that requires a little extra attention is document and file storage. Unless your business is completely paperless, you may find yourself with a need for document storage. Search for a facility that offers the following:
- Same day document retrieval and delivery services
- Document tracking
- Protective shelving
- Copy/fax/telephone services
Whether you need a storage unit to store extra stock, client files, or office supplies, contact the team at Space Centre Storage, offering storage units Kelowna business owners consistently rely on. We offer a wide variety of commercial storage support, including MI-BOX® portable storage containers, loading docks, and document storage.